I'm in a fase of my life where I'm into a lot of alternative stuff, after being convinced of the fact, that there's more between heaven and earth than meets the eye. This I will write about in my blog - in addition to every-day-stuff worth sharing.
Have you made similar experiences or just want to comment in any way - please feel free to do so in English, Swedish, Danish or Norwegian.
I hope you will enjoy this blog.
The picture in the header is Googled.

fredag 12. februar 2010

Feeling sorry for ourselves

When accidents occur or we’re having a period of misfortune – we often start feeling sorry for ourselves. I guess it’s only natural. I often feel sorry for myself – but feels like a crybaby if I go around showing it to other people. I still think we’re allowed to feel that way – sometimes.

We are to be strong and not fall into selfpity or worse. If we’re feeling so sorry for ourselves – that it affects the people around us it’s not good. If one  has an accident – and he/she pushes people away because of selfpity … well - that’s probably because of his/hers pride – but what is pride? What makes a father push his kids away – when he’s suddenly without a job or in other ways lost his face. That’s pride isn’t it? And it’s selfpity!

This was probably worse in “the old days” – when our families was totally dependent on our income and contribution to life-support. No social-services was available back then .. If a man couldn’t support his family – he didn’t feel like a real man. If a woman struggled to feed her kids – she had to wait for her husband to bring home food – she couldn’t accept gifts from the community because that was charity – and it would make both her and her husband look bad. Seems rather foolish to me – but I guess I’ve never been to proud to accept gifts or anything else. I just look at it as fortune – that I’m lucky to get this things .. or whatever it is/was. It’s when it comes down to relationships – my pride shows up – and that’s not something I like about myself. Because of pride – I’ve got myself into some rather difficult situations – and – I’ve felt sorry for myself after.

So – why am I thinking about all this?

I saw a few episodes of The Little House on The Prairie and it was a lot of pride (and some selfpity) in that story.

Mikael Landon – wow .. what a smile :o)

The real Charles and Caroline Ingalls

       

The real Laura Ingalls Wilder and Almanzo Wilder

It’s amazing to see how they actually looked like. All though a lot of this story is fiction – there are many real parts as well. Realizing that the story about Mary (Laura’s blind sister) is most fiction – made me feel sad. She never married Adam – she never became a teacher on a blindschool – but then again she didn’t have to suffer the abortion of one child and the death (in a fire) of a second. It never happened.

A lot about this series and about Lauras life  and the rest of her family – is to be found on the internet. Their real lives was quite exciting as well.

It’s a trip down the memory lane – life as it used to be or could have been – for more than 100 years ago.

I wish you all the best – lots of love and hugs!

Torilpia :o)

(The pictures are Googled)

2 kommentarer:

Andrea sa...

Pride, Ego, have caused a lot of relationship problems for me too. Both because of mine and other's...
It is sad how fear does these things to us.
I used to love that show. Though I don't remember much from it.
xo
Andrea

Unknown sa...

i kind of live in the area that laura ingalls lived in. i have never seen the real people, that was kind of interesting. thanks for sharing that.

have a wonderful day...hugz!