I'm in a fase of my life where I'm into a lot of alternative stuff, after being convinced of the fact, that there's more between heaven and earth than meets the eye. This I will write about in my blog - in addition to every-day-stuff worth sharing.
Have you made similar experiences or just want to comment in any way - please feel free to do so in English, Swedish, Danish or Norwegian.
I hope you will enjoy this blog.
The picture in the header is Googled.

onsdag 6. januar 2010

Lucky me :o)

The Christmas is over – the celebrating of the New year as well. What will this year bring of good and bad, happy and sad?

I haven’t taken away all of my Christmas decorations yet – but little by little it will all be gone in a few days. And then it’s about a year until next time. Well elleven months or less.

It’s really cold here in the middle of Norway these days. It’s been as low as - 24’C earlier today, and is probably even colder now.

Not so nice for outdoor activities.

23122009235 

I’m glad I don’t have to go to work when it’s so cold. Last year at this time I went to work at six or seven in the morning and wasn’t home again until six in the afternoon. Long - long days. But I can’t remember if there was this kind of cold weather at that time … ??

Anyway – I remain indoors – a lot of candles burning and a fire in my fireplace keeps me warm. The cat won’t go outside at all. I’m not looking forward to going to bed – the bedroom is soooo cold .. but I’ve opened the door now to make it warmer.

Actually – I am so lucky! I have a home – I have wood to put into my fireplace – I have a bedroom that is possible to make warmer – and I have clothes to put onto my body if I’m still freezing. Why complain about a cold bed? Why complain about the cold? Do I suffer? NO I DON’T!

It’s time to realize the fact that I am a lucky person – I AM SO FORTUNATE :o)

So what if the children argue?

So what if I’ve used a little too much money?

So what if I’m coming down with a cold?

So what if … ??

I’m still very fortunate compared to a lot of other humans in this world!

Are You?

DSC_0010

All my love – Toril :o)

 

6 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

what a wonderful attitude my friend. we all need to look at it that way, especially when we're feeling crappy.

i love your photos. did you know that i have norwegian heritage? a little bit of finnish also.

have a great day...hugz!

Kitty sa...

I agree completely. It's all too easy to complain and see the negative in life.

The winter is on it's upswing. Soon the days will be longer and it will be spring. :-)

A Vecchioni sa...

I'm sorry to hear it's so cold there. It sounds like you heat your house with firewood--I suppose that's the trade off for the beautiful scenery that surrounds you. I like your perspective; it's a healthy reminder that outlook is not a fixed event that we carry around.

All the Best
-AV

Andrea sa...

There's a fire on the lake, go near and it may warm you! :)
I too think of how fortunate I am even when I've been "poor, down and out" I've still been more wealthy than 90% (or more) of the Earth's population. Living in Canada is a blessing, a privilege.
We need these reminders often.
Thank you Torilpia.
xo
Andrea

Anonym sa...

Greetings i am new to this board i hope i will be able to help & give something back here because iv learned allot myself.

Thanks

[URL=http://www.mydjspace.net][B]dj download[/B][/URL]

Anonym sa...

Hiya im new on this board i hope i can help & contribute here because iv learned a great deal myself.

Thanks

[URL=http://learnviolinonlinehq.com][B]Learn Violin Online[/B][/URL]