I'm in a fase of my life where I'm into a lot of alternative stuff, after being convinced of the fact, that there's more between heaven and earth than meets the eye. This I will write about in my blog - in addition to every-day-stuff worth sharing.
Have you made similar experiences or just want to comment in any way - please feel free to do so in English, Swedish, Danish or Norwegian.
I hope you will enjoy this blog.
The picture in the header is Googled.

tirsdag 15. desember 2009

100places.com

Not long ago – a Canadian blogger; Andrea (with the blog; Beauty and Old Things) wrote shortly about her feelings for Africa and the feeling of those things she will never see. I quote;

“There are so many things that I will never see and it bothers me a lot. I watched "Out of Africa" (LOVE), a couple of nights ago, and it opened a hole in my soul...The sights, the time period. I may get to Africa but I will never see enough.”

This short paragraph made me think. About Africa, the animals, the threats from the growing deserts, the extermination of threatened animal species and so on. But this is not something that only happens in Africa. Rare animal species are threatened with extermination all over the world. The climate is getting warmer and there is danger of rising sea levels. There are extreme weather conditions, melting of glaciers and sea ice. Destruction of the rain forrest and of important corals in the sea.

A Danish blog that I’ve found resently; Himmel og fjord – mentioned a website called 100places.com. On this site you can read about all of this. This is actually a collection of 100 pictures/videos taken from places all over the world, that have some kind of threat hanging over them. "100 Places to Remember Before they Disappear". You can also read about the things you and I can do to help the earth getting better. So that we are part of the solution. Here is two of their pictures; from Western Hudson Bay, Canada and The Maldives.

100 places: Western Hudson Bay, Canada

100 places: The Maldive Islands, The Indian Ocean

So maybe it’s a time for travelling

– se as much as we can –

or maybe just the opposite

– let’s save this planet first?

Overføring fra bærbar 272 

So – go see that website!!

 

All my love – Torilpia

 

1 kommentar:

Andrea sa...

Thank you Torilpia for the link and also for the information. It is so hard for me to even look at Polar Bears...It twists my heart.
Thank you,
Andrea