I'm in a fase of my life where I'm into a lot of alternative stuff, after being convinced of the fact, that there's more between heaven and earth than meets the eye. This I will write about in my blog - in addition to every-day-stuff worth sharing.
Have you made similar experiences or just want to comment in any way - please feel free to do so in English, Swedish, Danish or Norwegian.
I hope you will enjoy this blog.
The picture in the header is Googled.

tirsdag 8. desember 2009

Regrets ..

There are things I regret doing .. and there are things I regret NOT doing.  I guess both ways it’s unpleasant to think about later on. Most of the time I’ve tried to make use of the opportunities I’ve stumbled across – but things aren’t always as simple as they first appear to be. When it comes to what I do for others, I have done things I regret – but there are more things that I regret NOT doing. This is something I need to work on.

Today – on our way into the nearest city (Trondheim) – we did see this old man slip and fall onto the icy road leading up to his house. He struggled to get up – but we didn’t see if he made it, because we passed his house so fast. I couldn’t let go of the scene – and made my father turn around and go back to see if he was ok. Luckily he was gone – so he must have made it back inside. Hopefully without much damage. And I finally could let go. We did the right thing about it – even if it turned out it wasn’t necessary to go back.

Later – downtown – I passed this young man selling books, outside a shop I went into. He wasn’t able to talk, but tried to communicate anyway. These books/magazines gives the salespersons 50% of the income and it’s basically alcoholics, drug-addicts and so on, whom are selling them. After passing I kept thinking about this and I really think it’s a good concept. I usually buy these kinds of magazines, but have never bought books. People selling these books are amazing, and so eager to get money in other ways than by criminal actions. When I came outside – I went up to him – giving him the money and got myself a copy of the book and a beautiful, greatful smile. It turnes out the book is full of interesting stuff – and a lot of it. Guess I have something to read for a long time :o)

AND not to forget – I feel like I’ve done very good today!

DSC_0001DSC_0005

It doesn’t have to be that big self-uplifting thing – but small things like I’ve told you about here – that makes a difference. To others and especially for one self. What have you done lately – that made you feel great – that made you feel that you made a difference to others? These small things today – made it for me. And it wasn’t hard – at all!!

Have a wonderful evening, night and day – all the best – Torilpia :o)

 

Ingen kommentarer: