I'm in a fase of my life where I'm into a lot of alternative stuff, after being convinced of the fact, that there's more between heaven and earth than meets the eye. This I will write about in my blog - in addition to every-day-stuff worth sharing.
Have you made similar experiences or just want to comment in any way - please feel free to do so in English, Swedish, Danish or Norwegian.
I hope you will enjoy this blog.
The picture in the header is Googled.

lørdag 12. desember 2009

Celebrating

My first meeting with this kind of music, was when a co-worker introduced me to Andreas Vollenweider’s Caverna Magica. Since then I’ve grown quite fond of such music and I always find something that fit’s for my state of mind. This is one of his old ones – and definitely worth listening to.

Slowly – the Christmas is getting closer. Not everyone loves this season and everybody doesn’t celebrate Christmas. Then this time might be kind of awkward – I guess. With so many preparing for Christmas – it’s easy to feel left out – unless you have a great support system behind you. Children might feel this in school or among friends – without actually understanding why they don’t celebrate. On the other hand – those who choose not to celebrate – because they just don’t want to – or just don’t care – are a little off the hook – since they don’t have to answere to a higher force or some kind of God. So what is this season all about anyway? Is it a pagan tradition from the earths origin – the really old days? Is it to celebrate the birth of Jesus? Is it a celebration of the sun – starting it’s cycle towards brighter/lighter days?

What’s it to you?

For me it’s mainly about traditions – the opportunities to be with family. Doing all those Christmas-things that the children loves. Making cookies. Christmas decorations. Creating gifts. Wrapping in gifts. Making and writing Christmas-cards and – tags. The candles and the glitter. Lots of Santas and Angels – all over. The peace on Christmas eve – the music. Children singing. As long as my children loves this – I will do it. And I love it as well.

Enjoy your pre-Christmas-days – if you celebrate it or not :o)

All the best – Torilpia!

 

Ingen kommentarer: